Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I really liked the first three books in this series



Which is why St. Martin's made the Casts write a gajillion new books for the series and only gave them twelve minutes time to do it.

When I grow up, one of my nightmareish writing scenarios will mirror the situation of this book. i.e. I'll write a kick-a trilogy. It'll sell like crazy. The publisher will push me to write moreandmoreandmoreandmore in lessandlessandless time. So my books will be under-edited, rushed, and, ultimately, just like this book. And my readers will be sad. And when sales fall the publishers will blame me.

But at least when my sales crash down into the crapper and I'm cut off by the publisher, I'll have time to write properly again, right? Under a new pseudonym, though. Pesky BookScan.

[Burned]

No comments:

Post a Comment